Sami Fitness Policies
Conditions of entry – Sami Fitness
You can book your course from 30 days before and until 6PM the day before the course starts.
No charge, if a confirmed ticket is cancelled more than 24 hours before the scheduled course.
Change of account details
If you need to change your account details please come and visit Sami Fitness reception to talk to a staff member in person.
^ Please note – details cannot be changed over the phone.
- Customers must observe Centre rules and etiquette at all times.
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry to any person at any time or to remove persons guilty of disruptive or disorderly conduct – including, but not limited to; verbally or physically threatening staff or other persons, swearing aloud, and gaining unauthorised and/or wrongful access.
- Management is not responsible for loss, theft or damage to personal property.
- The Centre is a non-smoking venue.
- No pets or animals are permitted in the Centre, with the exception of Guide Dogs.
- Only Sami Fitness staff or authorised personnel are permitted to conduct personal training and other coaching/instructed activities within the Centre.
- Customers must vacate the Centre by the closing time.
- Instructions from staff must be adhered to at all times.
- Each person expressly acknowledges that the decision to enter the Centre premises and surrounds, participate in a program, utilise equipment and/or take advantage of the services offered therein is at his or her own risk.
- Each person releases and discharges Sami Fitness, its management, staff and contractors from all liability for loss, damage or injury which may be sustained by each such person in such manner or under such circumstances, as previously set out in this clause.
Under 16 policy
All those under the age of 16 wishing to gain access to Sami Fitness must be supervised by an adult at all times. This will be via the parent/guardian or (minimum) personal trainer qualified staff member.
All minors participating in Group Fitness Classes must still be supervised by a parent/guardian.
Prior consent must be gained from either the Fitness Centre Manager. This information is to then be conveyed to the Group Fitness Instructor or personal trainer undertaking the class/session.
Sami Fitness may also grant access to certain programs, classes and activities to minors without adult supervision. This is entirely at the discretion of the Fitness Centre Manager and may be withdrawn at anytime.
When minors are included in any activity in Sami Fitness Centre, Sami Fitness Centre reserves the right to charge additional fees due to increased supervision requirements for minors.
Weights and Cardio Room etiquette and rules
- A ZERO tolerance to dropping of weights applies and any members found dropping the weights will have their membership terminated with no refund.
- In the interest of public health, visitors must always use a towel on the equipment and wear a shirt in all gym areas. A “no towel, no workout” policy applies in the gym area.
- In consideration of others, all weights and bars must be returned to storage racks after use.
- In the interest of safety fully enclosed footwear must be worn in all gym areas at all times.
- In the interest of safety, each person must warm up before using free weights and weight machines.
- Each visitor is asked to be considerate towards other gym users, for instance allowing others to use equipment between sets.
- Children under 16 are not permitted entry. Children between the age 14 and 16 years must be supervised by an adult and have approval for entry by the Centre management.
Group Fitness Class etiquette and rules
- Entry to Group Fitness classes is only granted upon a valid class booking.
- In the interest of personal safety all participants must arrive before the class start time to allow for set up. Late entry to group fitness classes is not permitted.
- Early departure must be avoided in order to limit the distraction to others and reduce the risk of injury from not cooling down.
- The Fitness Studio rooms may only be used by participants in scheduled class times or under staff supervision.
Management reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions at any time and take action to enforce these terms and conditions including but not limited to cancelling membership without refund.